1. Name and contact details of the person responsible for processing
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Responsible: IC Charter GmbH, Hildesheimer Str. 140, 30173 Hanover, Germany
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.ic-charter.com, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without any action on your part and stored until it is automatically deleted:
• IP address of the requesting computer,
• date and time of access,
• Name and URL of the file called up,
• Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
• Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
• Ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
• ensuring comfortable use of our website,
• Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
• for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest results from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
b) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using a form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid email address so that we know who sent the request and so that we can answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit.
The personal data collected by us for using the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been dealt with.
3. Transfer of data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
• You according to Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 11it. a GDPR have given express consent to this,
• the transfer is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit.
• in the event that there is a legal obligation for the disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 lit.
• this is legally permissible and required in accordance with Art. 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit. b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Cookies do not cause any damage to your device and do not contain any viruses, Trojans or other malware.
Information is stored in the cookie that results in connection with the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your device for a specific period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already visited us and what inputs and settings you have made so that you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit.f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically.
However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, if you completely deactivate cookies, you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for you to optimize our offer. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned regulation.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website, such as browser type / version, operating system used, referrer URL (the previously visited page), host name of the accessing computer (IP address), time of the server request, are sent to a server transmitted by Google in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and needs-based design of this website. This information may also be transmitted to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of us. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case not all functions of this website can be used to their full extent.
You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google Conversion Tracking to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our website. In doing so, Google Adwords will set a cookie (see section 4) on your computer if you have reached our website via a Google ad.
These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages on the website of the Adwords customer and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can see that the user clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page. Data protection authorities require the conclusion of an order data processing agreement for the permitted use of Google Analytics. A corresponding template is offered by Google at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.pdf.
Every Adwords customer receives a different cookie. This means that cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. The information obtained with the help of the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers find out the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information with which users can be personally identified.
If you do not want to participate in the tracking process, you can also refuse the setting of a cookie required for this – for example, via a browser setting that generally deactivates the automatic setting of cookies. You can also deactivate cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser so that cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com are blocked. You can find Google’s data protection information on conversion tracking here (https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html).
6. Rights of data subjects, you have the right:
• to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can obtain information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a Right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, if we have not collected it, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information on their details;
• In accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
• to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless processing to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend Legal claims is required;
• to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert it, Need to exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
• in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transmitted to another person responsible;
• to revoke your consent given to us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future and
• To complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters.
7. Right to Object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit.f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient.
8. Data security
We use the widespread SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser when you visit our website. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
9. Current status and changes to this data protection declaration: This data protection declaration is currently valid and was last updated in May 2023.
Due to the further development of our website and offers on it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may be necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can call up and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at www.ic-charter.com/privacy-policy.